The Elsworthy Collection, is a joint project of Beaubridge (Jonathan Seal), Sunley Group ( Rob Taylor) and Finkernagel Ross.
The Townhouse, which we bought, was purportedly completed in February 2020 which was months after the contractual longstop date (missing at least 4 completion dates). Reasons for the delay were never properly justified, though insolvency of contractors, high turnover of site personnel, and appalling project management seem to have been major factors.
Throughout this period we raised hundreds of defects with the Project Managers, and despite repeated assurance that they would be attended to, we were largely met with indifference or failure to take corrective action until reminded on multiple occasions, and in many cases, never.
When practical completion was finally issued - against our advice - it was a further two months before the house could be handed over in a form that could reasonably be described as "finished".
We moved in a few weeks ago and unfortunately found the premises to be in appalling condition. A very small sample of the defects you can find below. Additional examples include but not limited to:
- Total failure of hot water delivery system due to multiple severe defects of the pipework throughout the plant room and the house
- Appalling quality of plumbing throughout with six leaks identified during three weeks
- Defective installation of kitchen appliances, with substantial number of them not working
- Extremely low quality of all fixtures and fittings, with door handles falling out after days of use
- Very poor quality of workmanship throughout
Attempts at rectification have proved largely abortive so far (despite being highly disruptive to our lives). We feel utterly let down by what appear to be fundamental failures of project management and are left with a home which has hopelessly failed to live up to the representations made to us at the start and throughout the process.
The rest of The Elsworthy Collection development is currently on the market through Aston Chase and Savills, with two properties under offer.